Are you also a dimsums lover like me? But the thought of the fat content in it’s outer layer keeps you away from having them? Don’t you worry anymore! Haven’t you heard about “fat-free” dimsums? Yes! You got it right, now you can also have “fat-free” dimsums that you can prepare yourself. Haha! Don’t be afraid, preparing dimsums is not a rocket science, it’s quite easy. Come, Let’s start with it.
Whole-wheat “fat-free” dimsums
For the outer layer, you will need –
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup curd
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
For the stuffing, you will need –
- Around Half a cabbage, finely processed
- 1 carrot (finely processed)
- Some French beans (finely processed)
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 onion ( finely processed)
- Salt, according to taste
- 1tsp oil
Method of preparation –
- Take a bowl and add the flour and salt n it. Add curd and mix it well with the dry ingredients.
- Now add water, if required and knead it well.
- For the stuffing, take a pan and add oil and add all the veggies and stir it for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add some water (around ¼ cup) to the veggies and cover the pan with a lid. Let the veggies steam for around 5-7 minutes on a medium flame and let it cool once its done.
- Now, take the dough you prepared for the outer layer and make small balls out of it (makes around 20 balls). Roll these dough balls one by one using a rolling pin, into a thin layer ( it should not be too thin or too thick)
- Take a kitchen cloth, put the steamed veggies on the cloth and squeeze out the excess water from the veggies.
- Put the dried veggies into a bowl and add salt and pepper according to taste and mix well.
- Now fill each of the layers with this stuffing and shape the dimsums. ( Apply some water on the edges of the dough using your fingertip in order to stick both ends)
- Take a dimsums steamer, add water to it (fill up to ½ of the container) and let it boil
- Grease the containers with some oil and place the prepared dimsums over it.
- Let it steam for around 25-30mins. Keep interchanging the places(after 10minutes) if you have two containers over the water container.
- Once have got steamed properly, take them out and have it with some red chillies dip.
Have a nice day !