Have a raging sweet tooth and hankering for a muffin? But worried about the amount of sugar and fat content in it? Don’t worry! Here’s a solution that can help you satisfy your cravings while you’re on your weight loss journey. All you mainly need is some bananas, whole-wheat flour and one egg.
Total time required – 30-40 minutes
Servings – 10-12 muffins
- 5 Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp Powered Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt ( Alternatively, you can also use ¼ tsp of normal salt)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Optional)
- Coconut Oil / Olive Oil for greasing
METHOD FOR PREPARATION :
- Take a bowl and mash the bananas using a fork or potato masher.
- Now add the beaten egg to the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Now add the vanilla essence to this batter.
- Take another bowl and combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet batter and stir it well. Don’t over do.
- Add the dark chocolate chips to this batter and fold it nicely.
- Preheat then oven at 350° F / 180° C.
- Grease the muffin moulds and fill 3/4 th of each with the batter.
- Let the muffins bake for around 25-30 minutes. Check if the muffins are done by inserting a toothpick. Bake until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Once the muffins are done, let it cool for sometime.
Enjoy your Muffins. These Muffins have multiple benefits over muffins we are used to eating.
- Low Sugar
- Low Fat
- Low Calories overall
- If you have Banana Flavoured Protein Powder, then add it to the mix and you have more protein in your muffin.
- Made with Healthy Oils.