Craving for Shahi Paneer? But can’t eat because its very high in calories due to the excessive amount of Saturated Fat it contains? Fear Not, Tofu is here to save the day for you.
Tofu, although not very popular in India it is an excellent source of Vegan Protein and has relatively low caloric value and is super rich in anabolic protein. Its also suitable for people who are Lactose Intolerant. And its around 30% cheaper than Paneer. So What are you waiting for? Go and Grab some Tofu and start cooking this delicious dish.
Nutritional value of Tofu
Each 100g of Tofu Contains
- 13g of Protein
- 1-2g of Carbohydrate
- 8g of Fat (Healthy Fats)
- 136 kCal.
These 4 Values Make Tofu a Great Choice if you are on weight loss or Shredding diet.
Serves: 4 People.
- Tofu(Firm): 400g
- Onions: 2 medium sized
- Tomatoes: 2 Medium
- Shahi Paneer Masala: 1.5-2 tbsp
- Salt, black pepper: according to taste
- olive oil: 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Take 400 gm tofu and slice it up in small to medium sized pieces and keep them aside.
- Grind the onions to form a smooth paste. Also, separately prepare tomato puree using the blender.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil and cook onion paste till it turns light pink.
- Add tomato puree and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add shahi paneer masala, salt, and pepper and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of water to the prepared mixture and cook it for another 30 seconds.
- Now add the tofu pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and leave the prepared dish aside for 10 minutes.
Serve this tofu with delicious protein roti.
Image Credits – yesiamvegan.com