Feeling sad because you’re longing for a pizza but striving to reach your fitness goals? Cheer Up! You still have a healthier option which can be made right in your kitchen. Just go and grab some veggies of your choice, whole-wheat flour, some low-fat cheese and here you go!
Servings – 3-4 people.
Required time for preparation – Around 3 hours
For the crust, you will need:
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 3/4th cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp. Honey (avoid sugar)
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
For the sauce : Either Store-bought “low calorie” pizza sauce or Home-made pizza sauce using fresh tomatoes/canned tomato purée.
For the topping :
- Grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 sliced onions
- Black olives
- Cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- Veggies of your choice
- Oregano seasoning
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- In a small bowl, take lukewarm water and add honey, salt and active yeast. Stir is until the yeast gets dissolved into the water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, add flour. Put the yeast water into the flour and add olive oil to it and knead it well. Add some flour if it is too sticky or water if it is too dry.
- Once the dough is ready, cover it with a wet cloth and let it sit for 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough swells up, spread it out on a greased pizza pan. Prick it with a fork or toothpick.
- Now spread the pizza sauce over it and add the toppings of your choice. Add the cheese and sprinkle some oregano seasonings over the pizza.
- Preheat the oven at 375°F or 180-200°C.
- Now put the pizza in the oven and let it bake for at least 10-15minutes, until the crust is properly baked.
Have your meal and enjoy your day!
Benefits of this “Whole Wheat Pizza”
- Low in Calories yet makes you feel fuller for long.
- Low Fat Cheese (If you can, try avoiding cheese at all). Make it a No Cheese Pizza.
- Healthy Vegetables as Toppings.
- Homemade Whole Wheat Base. No Added Sugars and other sources of Unhealthy Carbohydrates.
- Usage of Olive Oil for Super Healthy Fats.