Tired of eating the same old pizza having a wheat crust whenever you feel like having one ? What if I say that you can make a pizza crust using some cauliflower that tastes equally good? Yes! You heard it right. You can also prepare a pizza base using a cauliflower and some basic ingredients that are available in your kitchen. Want to try making one? All you require is a cauliflower, one egg, a pinch of salt and seasonings and some low fat cheese.
Time for preparation – 30-40 minutes
Servings – 2 people
For the crust –
- 1 small to medium sized cauliflower ( should come out to be 2-3 cups once processed)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
Nutritional Value of the Crust
- Protein = 19g
- Carbs = 7g
- Fibre = 2.5g
- Fat = 14g
- Calories = 222 kCal
For the topping –
- Home-made or Store-Bought Pizza Sauce
- Some Mozzarella Cheese
- Veggies of your choice ( you can also prepare it like a margarita)
Note: We Recommend home made sauce, or choose a low calorie sauce from market.
METHOD OF PREPARATION –
- Remove the stems of the cauliflower and remove it’s florets.
- Place these florets into the food processor and pulse it until it is finely processed.
- Now, Microwave the processed cauliflower for approximately 4-5 minutes. Once it is done,let it cool for around 5 minutes.
- Now, put the processed cauliflower on a kitchen cloth and squeeze out the excess water from it.
- Take a bowl and combine the cauliflower, egg, cheese and seasonings and mix it until it forms a dough.
- Now spread this dough on a greased pizza pan like a pizza crust. Preheat the oven at 200°C
- Bake this crust for 10-15 minutes at 200°C, until the crust is properly baked and turns golden brown.
- Once the crust is ready, you can top it with pizza sauce, veggies of your choice and some cheese and bake it for another 3-4 minutes.
Enjoy your pizza!
Benefits of this “Cauli-Crust-pizza”
- Protein Rich
- Healthy Carbohydrates, make you feel full for long.
- Kills your Junk Food Cravings.
- A Proper Balanced Meal.