Drooling over a bowl of white sauce pasta? But you’re feeling helpless because you’ve already taken your cheat meal and you just cannot take another one right away? How about replacing the unhealthy ingredients of the white sauce with the healthier ones? Yes, there are some healthier ingredients that can help you make a creamy white sauce without adding white flour or cheese. Have a look at the recipe below –
For the sauce-
- 1 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 1tsp low-fat butter
- 1 cup milk
- Around 1.5 cup of chopped cauliflower
- Salt and Ground Pepper for taste
- Oregano Seasoning
For the pasta –
- Boiled whole-wheat pasta
- Some diced Mushrooms
- Some florets of Broccoli
Method of preparation –
- Take a deep pan, Pour 2 cups of water in it and then add cauliflower to it. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 8-10 minutes on a medium flame until the water gets evaporated. Set it aside and let it cool slightly once it is done.
- Once the Cauliflower has cooled down, blend it in a food processor to form a purée.
- Take another pan, add butter to it and heat it on a medium flame. Now, add whole-wheat flour and sauté it for a few seconds or till the flour turns golden brown.
- Now, add milk to the flour and stir it well so that the flour doesn’t form lumps. Add the cauliflower purée to this and stir well. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add salt, pepper and seasonings according to taste and mix it well. With this, the white sauce is ready.
- Take another pan and sauté vegetables in it. Now add the boiled pasta and the white sauce you just prepared. Mix it well and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
Your pasta is ready !!