This recipe of Eggless waffles is very simple and can be customized as per your needs and taste. You can make it refined sugar free, gluten free or vegan just by replacing one or two ingredients.
- 2 Cups – Oats Gluten free – Oats are generally gluten-free but in some cases (or stores) you may get oats with gluten. If you have health issues related to Gluten I would strongly recommend you to opt for Gluten-free oats while preparing this dish.
- Almond Milk or Milk – If you want to avoid dairy products and want to make Vegan Waffles skip Milk and go for Almond Milk.
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla Extract gives the flavor to your waffles.
- Sugar or Dates – If you want you can avoid using refined sugar and go for dates.
- Banana (Optional)
- Protein Powder (Optional)
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Butter or Almond Butter
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Blend 2 cups of Gluten free oats in a dry blender to get a smooth powder.
- Once oats are powered properly add 1 cup of Almond Milk or Milk to it to form a batter for the waffle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Protein Powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 mashed banana (optional) and vanilla essence for flavor.
- You can add sugar or dates to sweeten your waffles. If you have added a banana to the mixture carefully check the quantity of sugar/dates you are adding.
- Add oil to the batter and mix well.
- Spray butter or oil on a waffle iron and pour the batter.
- Depending upon your waffle iron type take out your waffles once ready.
- Spread some almond butter/butter.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or honey.
This recipe is very simple and you can customize it according to your taste and needs.
I also add dry fruits in the batter while blending to make it healthier. I have also tried adding fruit juice and vegetables like spinach in the batter. This will not just change the color of your waffles but will increase its nutritional value.
- While adding banana make sure it’s completely ripe, so that it will mix well with the rest of the mixture.
- After blending all the ingredients together rest the mixture for some time so that oats will absorb the liquid ingredients.
- You can serve waffles with fruits, dry fruits, nuts, seeds or even muesli.
- Waffle iron plays a very important role while making waffles so make sure it is of good quality and is buttered properly while pouring batter into the waffle iron.
- You can deep freeze these waffles and store them for a longer duration. When required you just need to toast and they are ready to serve.
All the ingredients are easily available in local stores. Products like Almond Flour, Almond Butter and Gluten Free Oats can be bought from online grocery shops like Grofers, BigBasket, Nature’s Basket, etc. I order these ingredients in bulk so that it comes handy while experimenting with my dishes. Since I order them in large quantity, using Bigbasket offers from Couponwaale saves considerable amount of money.
Try and experiment with the ingredients of the waffles and you will learn something new with every attempt.
Health Benefits of this recipe
- Oats are high in fiber and helps lower cholesterol.
- Oats also helps in Diabetes treatment.
- Oats are protein rich and helps in weight loss while boosting your immunity.
- Protein powder, banana and dates added to the waffles make it rich in protein and other nutrients like potassium, calcium and manganese.